Ceramic Speaker System, Version 3
Complete System: $1095 USD
Speakers + Amp only: $495 USD
Subwoofer only: $695 USD
The Ceramic Speakers are made from porcelain, cork, and Baltic birch. Each material is minimally finished, left to add its natural beauty to the design. The included amplifier is made from stainless steel sheet metal, with a cast iron base and paulownia volume slider. Aside from the electronic components, plastic is completely avoided in the system’s construction.
Typical speakers are designed to play even the most compressed or poorly recorded track. They gloss over the details that give high-resolution music its depth. The Ceramic Speakers’ custom-made drivers, porcelain and cork enclosures, and Tripath amplifier reveal every nuance. They will show the difference between lossless and mp3 files, and will unlock vinyl’s richness.
The Ceramic Subwoofer extends your system’s frequency response down to 40 Hz. While you will physically feel bass-heavy music, you’ll also notice new richness in vocals and acoustic instruments. The sound is neither boomy nor aggressive, but a balanced completion of the Ceramic Speakers.
- Design: Sealed enclosure
- Amplifier: 15 W/ channel T-amp, 89 dBA
- Frequency Range: 70 Hz – 20 kHz
- Driver: 4″, paper diaphragm, aluminum phase plug, neodymium magnet, die-cast basket
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 10 x 5 x 7 in. (25.5 x 12.75 x 18.0 cm)
- Weight: 12 lbs. (5.5 kg)
- Design: Sealed enclosure with passive radiator
- Amplifier: 50 watt Class D
- Frequency Range: 40 Hz – 200 Hz
- Driver: 6.5″, paper diaphragm, neodymium magnet, die-cast basket
- Dimensions (L x W x H) 10 x 5 x 7in. (25.5 x 12.75 x 18.0cm)
- Weight: 14 lbs. (6.5 kg)
- Supported Devices: iPods and other digital music players, tablets, computers, TVs, and turntables (with phono pre-amp)
- Power Input: AC 100-240V, 50-60 Hz
- Materials: Porcelain, Baltic birch, 304 aluminum, cork
- Signal Path Completely analog. As short as possible. No DSP or filters. Oxygen-free copper wiring source to driver.
“It’s beautiful, but I can’t get over how lovely this thing sounds.”
“If you are in the market for a condo or office system, I urge you to hear Roth’s kit. If you already own his Ceramic Speakers, adding the Ceramic Subwoofer is a no brainer.”
“A seamless marriage of drool-worthy design and audiophile-worthy sound.”
“When a product is designed in such a way to evoke its purpose, you are left wanting to use it, and Joey Roth has created a set of porcelian speakers with a new matching subwoofer that beg to be used.”
“The third-generation of this 2.1 industrial design classic could easily be considered a design exercise — but it’s so much more.”
“Joey Roth’s system can be deemed an unquestioned success. The beautiful and simply styled white porcelain, matched with honest pleasurable acoustic properties, makes the system a winner.”
full review (PDF)
“These artisinal ceramic, wood, and cork speakers are cooler than your fixie.”
“Joey Roth not only combined porcelain, wood and metal to construct the Ceramic Speaker System, but also minimally transformed each material to retain its individuality.”
full review (PDF)